- Q: I want to know how to dispose of incombustible waste (including bicycles). If possible, somewhere that does not require payment.
It depends on the district you live in. Please ask for details at the relevant administrative institution.
- Q: I want to take a private Japanese lesson. Are you able to introduce me to a teacher?
I will check with SIC’s Japanese Language Volunteers. Please tell me what days you are available.
- Q: I want to study Japanese.
We will introduce a Japanese Language Group Volunteer to you, please apply directly to them.
- Q: I can play the Chinese instrument "erhu". Please let me know somewhere I can perform it.
SIC has a system for volunteers who introduce multicultural activities. Why don’t you apply for this?
- Q: An overseas high school student will visit my school. Please tell me the appropriate arrangement for the national flags at the venue.
According to protocol (international courtesy), from the place people are seated, a foreign flag should be placed on the left side and a Japanese national flag should be on the right side.
- Q: Where can I go to learn flower arrangement (ikebana)?
There may be a class in one of the local community centers near where you live.
Try checking the site “Shimane Manabi”, which displays this sort of information. You can try asking for details directly there, too!
- Q: I have no car, but I want to know how to get to Tama-tsukuri Hot Spring.
There are two ways: using a route bus or taking a JR train from JR Matsue Station. It takes approx. 30 minutes getting to “Tama-tsukuri Onsen [Hot Springs]” by the route bus, and approx. 10 minutes when using the JR ‘Kudari’ train.