Within the prefecture there are buses, trains, taxis and so on that you can use of. The purchase of tickets varies by the operating company.
Pedestrians travel on the right hand side while cars and bikes travel on the left. Pedestrians have right-of-way over cars.
Drunk-driving is strictly prohibited. Persons in the car with a drunk-driver and those that gave the driver drink (for example, a bar where the driver was drinking) also receive punishment.
- Rules of the Road in Five Languages (Japanese, English, Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish)
- CLAIR Multi-Lingual Living Information N-Transportation (English) (PDF)
Bicycle safety rules
「Bicycle driver training course」 began to prevent dangerous driving of the bicycle.
If a traffic accident occurs
- If someone is injured, call ‘119’ And ask for an ambulance.
- Call ‘110’ for the police. (This is necessary to produce a traffic accident certificate).
- Confirm the name, address, and telephone number of the person you had the accident with.