Q: Is there any support for a foreign-national child who will enter elementary school in the next school year?

SIC has a Supporter System for such children. If a Registered Supporter lives in your city, it is possible to dispatch them to you. Your child’s school will make the request directly through the city, town or village’s Board of Education, so please discuss this option with your school.

If your child needs an interpreter, SIC can dispatch one. Please contact the SIC on: 0852-31-5056.

Q: I heard that the SIC has a system to dispatch a Japanese Language Instruction Volunteer for foreign children. Is it possible to dispatch anywhere in Shimane?

There are areas that have supporters and areas where there is no supporter, but we try to be as flexible as possible. Please begin by consulting your school.