We offer interpreter dispatch in a wide variety of everyday situations (administrative inquiries, education, medical care, social services, consultations, residents’ association activities, etc.), so that foreign residents may live comfortably in Shimane.
We will bridge not only language but also culture (differences in systems, etc.) and support smooth communication.
This service is free.
Precautions when dispatching
- If you do not submit a confirmation slip to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection, or if we cannot contact you on the day of interpretation, we will not dispatch an interpreter volunteer.
- If the client, the person living with the client, or the person attending the interpreter has a cold symptom such as fever, strong fatigue (malaise), dyspnea (dyspnea), or cough, we cannot dispatch an interpreter volunteer. We will guide you to a telephone interpreter.
- If you went outside the prefecture or plan to go outside the prefecture within 14 days of the interpreter’s day, or if you meet people outside the prefecture within 14 days, or if you plan to meet people outside the prefecture, depending on the spread of the infection in Japan may not be dispatched.
Please check the URL below for Shimane Prefecture’s response.
【Shimane prefecture HP (To the residents of the prefecture)】
Timeline from request to dispatch
- The client requests an interpreter by filling out the request form.
- Once the request form has been sent, the client receives an automatic reply from email@example.com Please confirm the request details. If you do not receive an automatic reply email, then the email address that you entered is incorrect; in this case, please contact the Shimane International Center (SIC) by email.
- SIC will send a confirmation slip to the client to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection. We have questions about your physical condition and about going outside the prefecture. please answer.
- When SIC receives the confirmation slip, we will decide if can dispatch. If it’s okay to dispatch, we will arrange an interpreter. If we cannot dispatch, we will guide you to a telephone interpreter.
- On the day when the interpreter can be dispatched, we will check your physical condition again. If we cannot contact you, we will not dispatch an interpreter.
- Please send a completion report when the interpretation is over.
Important points when making a request
- The SIC and the Community Volunteer Interpreter shall bear no responsibility for the interpretation as conducted by the volunteer and any associated affairs therein.
- You can make requests from this page until four days before the requested interpretation date; if the request is within four days, please contact us by phone. However, there may be times when an English-speaking staff member is unavailable to take your call.
- We are unable to provide document translations or to fill in documents on your behalf.
- Please do not ask the Community Volunteer Interpreter for advice or judgment regarding the content to be interpreted.
- In case your email system has a spam filter, please make sure that you can receive emails from sic-info.org.
- Information that you provide to the SIC is only used for the community volunteer interpreter dispatch. Extra information required for interpretation may be communicated to the dispatched volunteer.
Please fill up the request form below.