We offer interpreter dispatch in a wide variety of everyday situations (administrative inquiries, education, medical care, social services, consultations, residents’ association activities, etc.), so that foreign residents may live comfortably in Shimane.
We will bridge not only language but also culture (differences in systems, etc.) and support smooth communication.
This service is free.
Timeline from request to dispatch
- The client requests an interpreter by filling out the request form.
- Once the request form has been sent, the client receives an automatic reply from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please confirm the request details. If you do not receive an automatic reply email, then the email address that you entered is incorrect; in this case, please contact the Shimane International Center (SIC) by email.
- The SIC will arrange for a Community Volunteer Interpreter based on the request form.
- On the specified day, the Community Volunteer Interpreter will arrive on location and perform the interpretation.
- After the interpretation, the client will fill out the final report and submit it to the SIC.
Important points when making a request
- The SIC and the Community Volunteer Interpreter shall bear no responsibility for the interpretation as conducted by the volunteer and any associated affairs therein.
- You can make requests from this page until four days before the requested interpretation date; if the request is within four days, please contact us by phone. However, there may be times when an English-speaking staff member is unavailable to take your call.
- We are unable to provide document translations or to fill in documents on your behalf.
- Please do not ask the Community Volunteer Interpreter for advice or judgement regarding the content to be interpreted.
- In case your email system has a spam filter, please make sure that you can receive email from sic-info.org.
- Information that you provide to the SIC is only used for the community volunteer interpreter dispatch. Extra information required for interpretation may be communicated to the dispatched volunteer.
Please make a request through the form below.