Currently, we are suspending the dispatch of community interpreters. If you need a community interpreter volunteer, you can use a telephone interpreter.
How to Use
Phone Number: 070-3774-9329
No reservation is required. However, for medical services please contact us in advance to make the interpretation smooth.
Day and time of service
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
(Excluding national holidays and holidays, from December 29 to January 3)
Free (Call charges apply)
Who can use this service
- Foreign residents
- Administrative agency
- Medical institution
- Medical (interviews, Consultation, Payment, Inspection, Hospitalization, and discharge procedures, Explanation of medicine, etc.)
* Translations for treatment plans (explanation of surgery, explanation of anesthesia, etc.) and informed consent cannot be made.
- Welfare (home visits, vaccinations, medical examinations, etc.)
- Administrative window (procedure at city hall, procedure at license center, final tax return, etc.)
* You may need to be accompanied by an interpreter at the license center. Community Volunteer Interpreters at the Shimane International Center cannot be dispatched.
- Education (three-party interviews, such as school explanation, etc.)
However, please speak in an easy-to-understand language. Also, depending on the country/language, there may be no terms in the medical field, etc. If the interpreter does not understand the contents, we may ask you to explain.
If you have any questions about the contents of the interpretation written above, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Supported languages (20 languages)
English, Chinese, Tagalog (Philippines), Portuguese (Brazil), Vietnamese, Korean, Nepali, Indonesian, Thai, Spanish, Myanmar, Khmer (Cambodia), Russian, French, German, Italian, Malay, Mongolian, Sinhala, Hindi