If you cannot explain in Japanese, ask for help from a nearby person who can.
- Fire/Ambulance 119
- Accidents (Police) 110
- Sea-related Accidents 118
This is a service usable after a natural disaster, such as an earthquake, has occurred when many phone calls are made to the affected areas to find out if loved-ones are safe. The beginning of the service, and how to use it, will be advertised on television, radio, and on NTT’s homepage in the event of a disaster.
Disaster Message Board & Voice Delivery Service
In the event of a disaster, such as an earthquake, this service becomes useable on mobile phones and PHS. The service is supported by the cell phone companies individually.
- Disaster Message Board → [NTT docomo] [au] [Softbank]
- Voice Delivery Service → [NTT docomo] [au] [Softbank]
Preparing for Disaster
Prepare items for a disaster to take with you, such as a torch, radio, emergency food and water, required medicines.
Evacuation points are decided by where you live, so please confirm where it is in advance.
- Shimane International Center Disaster Info (English)
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Disaster Support Center
- CLAIR Multi-Lingual Living Information P-Emergencies/Disasters (English)
If you lose your passport…
Please have a nearby police station issue you with a “Proof of Lost Property Report”. After that, please conduct procedures to have a replacement issued at your Embassy or Consulate in Japan.